Does online counselling really work?
Online therapy is popular for good reason. Recent research shows, for example, that online CBT therapy is as effective as in-person treatment when it comes to depression and anxiety .
Of course effective therapy requires an effective therapist. At Harley Therapy we offer a team who are hand selected for their expertise and passion. Trained at top institutions, they offer a minimum of seven years experience working with clients.
Choosing an online therapist
Overwhelmed with choosing a type of online therapy? Our therapists are also all 'integrative'. So you are investing in someone with training in not just one but several different therapeutic approaches, meaning they can tailor their approach to match your needs.
Do I really need online therapy?
Therapy is a great support if you are facing a big life challenge. But it is also a worthwhile investment if you simply want to thrive more, to clarify who you are and what you want, or troubleshoot relationships or other areas of life that are lagging, such as your career.
Working with an online psychologist
The process is easy and confidential. You simply need an internet connection and some privacy. Log in at your designated time to an agreed on video conferencing platform like Zoom, FaceTime, WhatsApp or Skype, and from there, it's exactly like an in-person session.
The benefits of online counselling
Online talking therapy is a safe and confidential space that means you can:
- make your sessions even if travelling or navigating a busy schedule
- access a top London therapist even if you don't live nearby
- speak to someone who understands your culture and language if you are an expat living overseas
- relax in the comfort of your own home where you might feel safer
- save time and money on transport and child care
- avoid going out if anxiety, OCD, or illness makes it a challenge.
Why choose a Harley Therapy™ online therapist?
If for any reason it's not a perfect match, we offer a session with another therapist free of charge.
Note that some of our therapists can also provide 'blended therapy', a mix of in person and online sessions, if this is your preference.
Take a step forward today
To make an appointment to speak to an online psychologist or psychotherapist, you can book online or contact us at 020 8003 4172.
To make an enquiry about online sessions, please submit this confidential form or call us on 020 8003 4172
- Book and pay for an initial 50-minute Zoom / WhatsApp / Facetime, etc. consultation.
- Contact your therapist on your chosen video conferencing platform at the designated time. Discuss your issues, background history, and goals, and together decide how many sessions you would benefit from.
- You will then normally have weekly online meetings with your therapist.
✔ Experienced - therapists with many years of clinical practice who are technically adept at delivering online counselling services
✔ Tailored - all therapists work integratively, adapting approaches to your needs, including CBT online
✔ Fully confidential - your discretion is assured throughout
✔ Guaranteed - if you're not satisfied we'll arrange a session with another therapist for free.
- Is Online Therapy as Good as Seeing a Therapist In Person?
- Skype Counselling - How Can You Know if It's Right For You?
- Can Online Relationship Counselling Really Work?
- Does Online Child Therapy Actually Work?
The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) is an association for UK-based counselling professionals. It supports practitioners, enabling them to provide a better service.
CITE THIS PAGE
Harley Therapy Ltd. “Online Counselling with Psychologists via Zoom / FaceTime / Skype • Harley Therapy™”. Harley Therapy, 3 Apr. 2022, https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/online-counselling-psychologists.htm. Accessed 19 May. 2022.
Harley Therapy Ltd. (2022, April 3). Online Counselling with Psychologists via Zoom / FaceTime / Skype • Harley Therapy™. Retrieved from https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/online-counselling-psychologists.htm
Harley Therapy Ltd. "Online Counselling with Psychologists via Zoom / FaceTime / Skype • Harley Therapy™." Last modified April 3, 2022. Accessed May 19, 2022. https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/online-counselling-psychologists.htm.
Online therapy is an appointment with a therapist that’s held over a video call rather than in person. Having virtual therapy appointments can be more flexible for patient and therapist.
Online therapy is available on the NHS, but you may face a long waiting list and there may be a limit to the number of sessions you’re eligible for.
Yes. Harley Therapy is based in London, but we can accommodate clients from across the UK as well as expats in other countries wanting to do therapy in their own language or with a therapist as highly rated as our team is.