Website terms and conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Terms of website use
All of our therapists are self-employed and are regulated by their respective regulatory bodies. Each therapist has their own set of terms and conditions, and any therapeutic contract will be formed between you and your chosen therapist.
Harley Therapy Limited provides the counselling rooms and administrative services only. Harley Therapy Limited will not accept liability for any loss or damage resulting from contact or work with the therapist. Any complaint against the therapist should be raised with the therapist in the first instance and, if necessary, escalated to their respective member organisation.
https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk is a site operated by Harley Therapy Limited ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 6185936 and have our registered office at 10 Harley Street, London W1G 9PF. Our main trading addresses are:
- 10 Harley Street, London, W1G 9PF
- 2-8 Victoria Avenue, Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4NS
- 8 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RS
The psychotherapists are all regulated by one or more of the following regulators:
- The British Psychological Society
- The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- The British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
- The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
- The Health and Care Professions Council
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is made available free of charge, although online consultations which are provided for by way of a third party software, such as Zoom or Skype, are charged for.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period except in relation to pre-arranged online psychotherapy services. Under these circumstances we will use our reasonable endeavours to arrange an alternative consultation. In the event that a mutually agreeable consultation cannot be arranged our liability will be limited to the sums paid in advance in respect of the online consultation services.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
No reliance on free information
The information on our site (in particular the free guides) is intended to encourage, not replace, direct patient-health professional relationships. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely or a tool for diagnosis. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the free content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
Each therapist provides services under their own terms and conditions and those terms will govern the relationship between you and your therapist.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any free content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with any person through our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by contributors on our site do not necessarily represent our views or values.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us in the first instance.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards, as more particularly set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation, online consultations (interactive services).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site beyond the minimum levels set out by our regulators, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or make online payments.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a few days; the precise period will depend on your browser settings.
Intellectual property notice
© Copyright Harley Therapy Limited 2006-2017. All rights reserved.
The Harley Therapy logo is a registered trade mark of Harley Therapy Limited. (Trademark no. 2519092)
Harley Therapy Limited is the proprietor or licensee (‘rights holder’) of all intellectual property rights in relation to this website and its contents, including but not limited to copyright, trade and brand names, trade marks and get-up. If no permission is given by us to the use of any of them, such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
All other trade marks, brand names, product names and titles, copyrights and other intellectual property rights used in this website are trade marks, brand names, product names, copyrights or other intellectual property rights of their respective rights holders. Permission to reproduce such material would need to be obtained from the relevant rights holders concerned.
No part of this website may be translated, reprinted or reproduced or utilised in any form either in whole or in part or by any electronic, mechanical or other means, now known or invented in the future, including photocopying and recording, or in any information storage and retrieval system, without prior permission in writing from us except in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, permitted use does include:
- the infrequent printing or downloading of extracts to a local hard disk is for reasonable personal non commercial research use only; and
- an acknowledgement that we are the owner of the work in any copies made or extracts taken.
This website may be linked to from another website providing the requirements of our Terms of website use are complied with.
The written contents of this website are intended to be a general guide and cannot be a substitute for professional advice, such as a face-to-face or online consultation. We do not accept any responsibility for loss occasioned to any person or business acting or refraining from acting as a result of material contained in this website.
Applications for the copyright owner's permission to reproduce any part of this website should be addressed to us at 10 Harley Street, London W1G 9PF.
This website is governed by English law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
The authors' moral rights as defined in the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 are not affected by the rights granted in this notice.
The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) is an association for UK-based counselling professionals. It supports practitioners, enabling them to provide a better service.
CITE THIS PAGE
Harley Therapy Ltd. “Website Terms and Conditions - Harley Therapy™”. Harley Therapy, 21 Apr. 2015, https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.htm. Accessed 5 Jul. 2022.
Harley Therapy Ltd. (2015, April 21). Website Terms and Conditions - Harley Therapy™. Retrieved from https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.htm
Harley Therapy Ltd. "Website Terms and Conditions - Harley Therapy™." Last modified April 21, 2015. Accessed July 5, 2022. https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.htm.