Stress Management & Counselling at Harley Therapy™ London
Stress is one of the most common mental health problems in the UK. In small amounts, stress can be tolerated. However, prolonged or intense stress levels can negatively impact our relationships, work performance, and lead to panic attacks and depression. Commons signs of stress include irritability, problems concentrating, troubled sleeping, negative thinking, changes in appetite, lack of motivation, loss of libido, social withdrawal and mood swings. Stress can also contribute to physical symptoms such as skin disorders, IBS and digestive problems, headaches, muscular tension, high blood pressure and other bodily aches and pains.
Stress management through counselling and psychotherapy can be instrumental in tackling the root cause of stress and working on ways of managing it. At Harley Therapy London, stress counselling treatment is designed to help you explore the causes of stress, including those created by work, family, and past experiences. It may be important to understand what you are doing to maintain high stress levels - for example, some behaviours serve to exacerbate stress. Counsellors specialised in stress management will work with you to develop stress-reduction techniques and to promote psychologically healthier patterns of living.
How can stress management counselling help you?
- It gives you the opportunity to explore the underlying causes of your stress and anxiety
- It helps examines your thoughts, feelings and behaviours that contribute to stress
- You can gain self-understanding and Insight, including identifying stress triggers
- It offers tailor-made coping strategies to manage stressful situations
- It improves your ability to handle pressures and your reactions to them
- You can learn techniques and tools that are effective for you for the long-run.
Call us now to book your initial consultation to start the process, or use the online booking form. We look forward to helping you.
ASK US A QUESTION
ARE YOU A JOURNALIST WRITING ABOUT THIS TOPIC?
If you are a journalist writing about this subject, do get in touch - we may be able to comment or provide a pull quote from a professional therapist.
Further reading on stress management & anxiety
- Helen Kennerley, 'Overcoming Anxiety - A Self-Help Guide' (1997)
- How to de-stress: A two-minute mindfulness relaxation break
- A few simple tips for stress relief
- What is burnout? Symptoms and tips for burnout/stress
The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) is an association for UK-based counselling professionals. It supports practitioners, enabling them to provide a better service.
CITE THIS PAGE
Harley Therapy Ltd. “Stress management counselling in London • Harley Therapy™ ”. Harley Therapy, 20 Jan. 2022, https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/stress-management-counselling-london.htm. Accessed 22 May. 2022.
Harley Therapy Ltd. (2022, January 20). Stress management counselling in London • Harley Therapy™ . Retrieved from https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/stress-management-counselling-london.htm
Harley Therapy Ltd. "Stress management counselling in London • Harley Therapy™ ." Last modified January 20, 2022. Accessed May 22, 2022. https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/stress-management-counselling-london.htm.