Telephone Counselling at Harley Therapy™ London
Feel you would benefit from the superior standard of a Harley Street therapist, but at a time and place that suits you? But don't like the idea of working over video? Telephone counselling may be ideal for you.
Telephone therapy can be used either instead of or in addition to face-to-face therapy sessions, and it's suitable for various mental health issues, difficult life challenges, or simply ongoing self-improvement.
Why choose telephone counselling?
- Convenient - therapy from wherever you are without needing to travel
- Confidential - your discretion is assured
- Expert - work with a professional and expert Harley Street therapist
- Available at short notice - appointments easily arranged.
How effective are counselling sessions via phone?
Researchers at the University of Cambridge together with the National Institute for Health Research found that telephone therapy can be just as effective as face-to-face therapy.1 It was found useful for a number of less severe mental health difficulties and problems.
How does a telephone therapy session work?
It's the same as a regular, in-person therapy session. You and your therapist talk through the challenges you are facing, and together work to help you recognise and use your inner resources to cope better. The only difference is that instead of coming in to an office, you will ring a number at the appointed time.
Known benefits of telephone counselling
- flexible: access a high quality service at a time that suits you
- comfortable: no need to leave your comfort zone if it gives you anxiety
- no geographical restraints: access help from your preferred location
- hassle free: avoid travel and parking issues
- time saving: save time otherwise spent travelling to an office
- economical: save on babysitters, carers, and travel
- international: ideal for travelers and those working or living abroad
- accessible: suitable for physically challenged people or those with transport difficulties.
How it works
- Contact us to book your 50 minute session on 0345 474 1724 or via our Booking Form.
- Pay for session (Paypal).
- Call your therapist on a designated number.
£110 - £150 per 50-minute session - payable in advance of session.
At Harley Therapy, you may be able to book an appointment with a therapist at short notice, and we often have appointments available within 48 hours.
Further reading on telephone counselling
1Comparative Effectiveness of Cognitive Therapies Delivered Face-to-Face or over the Telephone: An Observational Study Using Propensity Methods. Hammond GC, Croudace TJ, Radhakrishnan M, Lafortune L, Watson A, et al. (2012) Comparative Effectiveness of Cognitive Therapies Delivered Face-to-Face or over the Telephone: An Observational Study Using Propensity Methods. PLOS ONE 7(9):e42916.
The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) is an association for UK-based counselling professionals. It supports practitioners, enabling them to provide a better service.
CITE THIS PAGE
Harley Therapy Ltd. “Telephone Counselling Psychologist – UK and International Phone Therapy”. Harley Therapy, 2 Feb. 2022, https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/telephone-counselling-psychologist.htm. Accessed 22 May. 2022.
Harley Therapy Ltd. (2022, February 2). Telephone Counselling Psychologist – UK and International Phone Therapy. Retrieved from https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/telephone-counselling-psychologist.htm
Harley Therapy Ltd. "Telephone Counselling Psychologist – UK and International Phone Therapy." Last modified February 2, 2022. Accessed May 22, 2022. https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/telephone-counselling-psychologist.htm.
Telephone counselling is an appointment held over the telephone rather than online or in person. It’s useful for people who are travelling or otherwise unable to attend in-person or online.
You can expect to pay from £110 to £150 per 50-minute session of telephone counselling with a therapist based in London, no matter where you are.
Telephone counselling is available on the NHS, but you may face lengthy waiting lists and less flexibility than you would have with a private practitioner.
Harley Therapy offers telephone counselling for non-urgent and less-severe mental health issues. As it’s over the telephone, your location doesn’t matter and you can arrange short-notice appointments.