Stress Management & Counselling at Harley Therapy™ London
Stress is one of the most common mental health problems in the UK. In small amounts, stress can be tolerated. However, prolonged or intense stress levels can impact on our relationships, work performance, and lead to panic attacks and/or depression. Symptoms can include irritability, lack of concentration, sleeping problems, negative thinking, changes in appetite, lack of motivation, loss of libido, social withdrawal and mood swings. Stress can also contribute to physical symptoms such as skin disorders, IBS and digestive problems, headaches, muscular tension, high blood pressure and other bodily aches and pains.
What is Stress Management Counselling & Psychotherapy?
Stress counselling and psychotherapy can be instrumental in tackling the root cause of stress and working on ways of managing it. At Harley Therapy London, our stress counselling treatment is designed to help you explore the causes of stress, including those created by work, family, and past experiences. It may be important to understand what you are doing to maintain high stress levels - for example, some behaviours serve to exacerbate stress. Our stress counsellors will work with you to develop stress-reduction techniques and to promote psychologically healthier patterns of living.
What are the Benefits of Stress Management Counselling?
- Opportunity to explore the underlying causes of your stress and anxiety
- Examines your thoughts, feelings and behaviours that contribute to stress
- Gain self-understanding and Insight, including identifying stress triggers
- Develops tailor-made coping strategies to manage stressful situations
- Improves your ability to handle pressures and your reactions to them
- Learn techniques and tools that are effective for you for the long-run.
Further reading on Stress Management & Anxiety
Helen Kennerley, 'Overcoming Anxiety - A Self-Help Guide' (1997).