Depression Counselling in London
Feeling low all the time?
From time to time we can all feel sad, miserable and fed up. While these are understandable reactions to upsetting or stressful events and experiences, it is also quite normal to experience them for no reason at all. But if they persist, they can be signs of depression.
Depression affects one in six of us, with common symptoms including lack of motivation, difficulties in concentration, pessimism, sleep disturbances, irritability, crying, suicidal thoughts, social withdrawal, changes in appetite, loss of sex drive and lack of enthusiasm and pleasure.
If you are suffering from depression you won’t find easy or quick relief. Your feelings of sadness can continue for weeks and months, and interfere significantly in your relationships, employment and health.
Depression counselling and psychotherapy
It’s important to remember is that you’re not alone, and help is at hand.
It could be that you are suffering from depression and may benefit from depression counsellors or psychotherapists if you have several of the symptoms listed below:
- Difficulty concentrating and making decisions
- Feeling restless, irritable and agitated
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Lack of interest in sex
- Avoiding other people, even close friends and relatives
- Feeling useless, inadequate and hopeless
- Difficulty sleeping, waking up early, or sleeping more
- Physical symptoms such as pain, headaches, lack of energy<
- Undue feelings of guilt or worthlessness
- Getting no pleasure from life or activities you used to enjoy
- Thoughts of suicide
Talking to one of our depression psychotherapists and counsellors here at Harley Therapy™, London, can support you explore the root causes of your depression and low mood.
We can also help you decide whether you might benefit from trying out cognitive behavioural therapy techniques, which focus on lifting the spiralling cycles of depression and low mood.
Depression treatment - The Harley Therapy™ approach
Your depression counsellor at Harley Therapy will help you get to the bottom of the underlying causes of your depression by working with you to examine the thoughts, feelings and behaviours that are contributing to your low mood.
Together you will develop tailor-made coping strategies to enable you to manage low moods, and you will learn tried and tested techniques and tools that will be effective for you for the long-run.
Our counselling psychologists and psychotherapists at Harley Therapy have many years of experience in helping with depression, and we can also provide you with pharmacological depression treatment through our private consultant psychiatrist.
Find out how we can help you today
Depression treatment at Harley Therapy™, London, can help you tackle your depression and move forward with a more positive outlook on your life.
Call us now or complete our online booking form to make an appointment with one of our depression counselling psychologists and psychotherapists in the City of London, Canary Wharf or in Harley Street.
Further reading on depression and how to recover from it
- Depression - Help Guide (link above) (Comprehensive information about depression and effective treatments) by Harley Therapy
- 'Overcoming Depression: A Self Help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioural Techniques' by Paul Gilbert Tyrell (2000)
- ‘Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing How You Think’ by Dennis Greenberger & Christine Padesky (1998)
- Myths about depression: seven common misunderstandings
- Living with walking depression - when you can't stop carrying on
- What's wrong with me?
- Depression Symptom Checker (Tool to determine if you are suffering from depression or anxiety, or both)