Trauma Counselling at Harley Therapy™ London
Traumatic experiences are situations that are overwhelming, frightening and difficult to control. It can be helpful to process traumas with a professional. If ignored or covered up, deeper troubles can surface later on.
What is trauma counselling & psychotherapy?
Counselling and psychotherapy can help with traumas such as rape, accidents, fire, personal injury, assault and mugging. Trauma and post-traumatic-stress disorder (PTSD) respond well to cognitive behavioural therapy.
At Harley Therapy London, trauma counselling is designed around your individual needs. Trauma counsellors can target your traumatic symptoms whether they include anxiety, depression, guilt, sleep disturbances, flashbacks or nightmares.
What are the benefits of having counselling after a trauma?
- Processes traumatic events in a safe and confidential therapy setting
- Deals with the by-products of trauma including nightmares and flashbacks
- Relieves accompanying symptoms such as depression and anxiety
- Develops tailor-made coping strategies to deal with traumatic effects.
Self-help reading on trauma and therapy
- Dr Helen Kennerly. 'Overcoming Chilhood Trauma - A Self-Help Guide' (2000).
Harley Therapy trauma counselling and PTSD Therapy in 3 central London locations. Book online now to see a trauma counsellor who can really help.
Issues for Trauma Counselling
- Personal Injury
- Loss & bereavement
- Childhood trauma.